We can help you adopt your grandchild
If you’ve been raising a grandchild since birth or for a long period, you may want to consider adoption. Like any other adoption, it’s a very personal decision that requires careful consideration and should be in the child’s best interest. Some benefits and features of grandparent adoption to consider:
- Depending on a number of factors, you may or may not need both birth parents’ consent to complete the adoption. We can evaluate your circumstances and advise you on this issue at no charge.
- You’ll become the legal parent(s) of the child. This means you (and your spouse, if you’re married) become solely responsible for the child’s welfare.
- The child will inherit from you as if born to you.
- A new birth certificate will be issued, listing you (and your spouse, if you’re married) as the child’s birth parent(s).
- Adoption may be finalized immediately after filing the petition, provided any required consent documents have been executed and filed.
- No home study is required for a grandparent adoption.
With more than 30 years of adoption experience, our board certified adoption specialists can walk you through the process of adopting a grandchild. If you decide to move forward, we can make it happen for you.
Ready to get started?
Contact us for an initial consultation.
- Our flat fees for grandparent adoption start at $2,850.
- We accept all major credit cards.
- Expedited completion for uncontested grandparent adoptions available.